Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘tavern’

Fort William

Photo is Eight Mile House, 1785 home of William Christian, across Harrod’s Trace (Shelbyville Road) from the 1783 A’Sturgus Station. He acquired 2,000 acres but gave 1,000 acres to his daughter, Priscilla who married Alexander Bullitt—they built Oxmoor Plantation. William Christian died in an Indian attack north of Jeffersonville Indiana in 1786. William studied law with Patrick Henry and married his sister, Anne. After William’s death, she named the area Fort William. Eight Mile House later became a tavern.

 

Read Full Post »

%d bloggers like this: